Digital Game Support
Step 1 - Select your Game: Ticket to Ride
FAQ / Customer Service / Support
Starting a Web game doesn't work or opens a blank page
Most of the time this is the symptom of the Java applet plug-in being disabled in your Web browser or in your system.
On Mac OS X:
Since the latest Java update on Mac OS X, Apple disabled "Java Applets" in Safari, preventing our Web games to launch.
It is also possible that Java applets are disabled globally. Please check in "/Applications/Utilities/Java Preferences" the status of the "Enable Java Applets" check box.
Since security update "Java for OS X 2012-006" on Mac OS X "Lion" and "Mountain Lion", Apple Java plug-in has been uninstalled. To use our Web games, click on the region labeled "Missing plug-in" to download the latest version of the Java applet plug-in from Oracle.
It is recommended to install the latest java version.
Then check that your browser allows Java Applets to run or that the Java applet plugin is allowed to run (see below).
How to enable the Java Applet plugins in various browsers and operating systems:
- Fire up Firefox.
- Press Ctrl+Shift+A (Cmd+Shift+A on MacOS X).
- A new page opens, listing all the plugins installed in your Firefox. In the list, the "Java Applet Plug-in ..." is probably disabled, with a suggestion that you should upgrade it.
- At the top of the list, press "Check to see if plugins are up to date".
- Another page opens, and lists which updates are available.
- Press the red button in front of "Java Applet Plug-in", and the button "Update now".
- Open safari.
- Go to "Safari => Preferences".
- Click on "Security".
- Activate the "Enable Java" checkbox.
- Close the preference window.
- Click on the wrench icon, then select Options.
- Select Under the Hood and then Privacy Content Settings.
- The Content Settings panel will appear.
- In the Plug-ins section, select the Disable individual plug-ins link to check whether Java is enabled.
- Click on the Enable link (if the Disable link appears, Java is already enabled).
- Click Tools and then Internet Options.
- Select the Security tab, and select the Custom Level button.
- Scroll down to Scripting of Java applets.
- Make sure the Enable radio button is checked.
- Click OK to save your preference.