“Ich Bin Ein Small Worlder!”
Days of Wonder Tears Down the Wall Between iOS, Android, and PC Gamers
Small World 2 comes to Android and Steam and becomes the first board game to give players real-time competitive gameplay across iPad, Android, and PC
Los Altos, CA; Paris, France – December 11, 2013. Small World 2, the digital follow-up to the best-selling Days of Wonder digital fantasy board game, is officially expanding from iPad to Steam and Android platforms. The Small World franchise has been breaking new ground since it launched in 2010 as the very first board game for Apple's iPad. Today, Days of Wonder continues to carve new paths as the first digital board game to allow players to challenge friends to a real-time game across iPad, Android tablets (including Amazon's Kindle Fire), and PC's via both Steam and Days of Wonder Online.
To date, the Small World franchise has sold more than 750,000 copies worldwide across its physical and digital versions, with thousands more games played online every day. Players can even start a game on one platform, and continue on another.
“Just like we feel it's important to offer gamers a chance to play great games in both physical and digital forms, we feel strongly that Small World should be playable on PC's and Mobile devices, not just one or the other.” said Eric Hautemont, CEO of Days of Wonder.
Small World 2 features:
- While the original Small World allowed only two players to face off, Small World 2 now accommodates up to five players, with a different map for each player configuration, just like the board game.
- Small World 2 truly supports every kind of gameplay imaginable across mobile and PC, being the first board game playable in real-time simultaneously on iPad, Steam, and Android (including Kindle)
- Small World 2 also features: Face-to-face mode, up to 5 players can now compete in Pass'N' Play (Android & iPad only), Local Play over WiFi (all platforms), Quick real-time Online Play (all platforms), and turn-based asynchronous Online Play with Buddies modes (all platforms).
- To simultaneously give Small World 2 players the responsiveness of a real-time game and the convenience of a turn-based game, Days of Wonder developed a first-of-its-kind, dedicated server that combines the best of synchronous and asynchronous online play.
- 24 Races and 29 Special Powers - more than ever. In addition to the original Cursed! and Grand Dames expansions, the incredibly popular "Be Not Afraid..." expansion is now also available as an In-App Purchase. Even better, all these new races and special powers can now be shared with anyone the player who owns them plays with Online under Days of Wonder's new Friendly Share policy.
In addition, Days of Wonder has released all new features never before available on the digital version of Small World:
- To make playing with friends online even easier, Small World 2 has an extensive Online Buddies system. At a glance, players can see which friends own the game, which ones don't, and lets the player send the appropriate invitation to join their Online game.
- Small World 2 now features comprehensive documentation of every single race & special power featured in the game, as well as detailed explanations on even the most obscure rule point, courtesy of a whole new Small World Encyclopedia; as well as a brand new, specially designed for Small World 2, video tutorial to welcome new players into the lands of Small World.
- And for players with a competitive bent, Small World 2 also offers scores of ranking ladders, with daily, weekly and permanent rankings, in 2, 3, 4 and 5 player combinations, in Solo, Face-to-face and Online modes
Designed by Philippe Keyaerts as a fantasy follow-up to his award-winning Vinci™, Small World is inhabited by a zany cast of characters such as dwarves, wizards, amazons, giants, orcs and even humans, who use their troops to occupy territory and conquer adjacent lands in order to push the other races off the face of the earth. The game is now available for Android HERE and the Steam version HERE.
About Days of Wonder
Days of Wonder develops and publishes games that Play different.™ From its insistence on releasing only a very limited number of new games to its uncompromising board game production values and unique in-house digital development team, Days of Wonder consistently raises the bar with an unmatched string of hits that includes Ticket to Ride, the world's best-selling train game; Small World, the legendary fantasy game of epic conquests; and Memoir '44, the World War II saga with 20 expansions to its credit. Days of Wonder board games are distributed in 30 countries, with digital versions available on the iOS App Store and Google Play, as well as on Steam and on Days of Wonder's web site: www.daysofwonder.com.
Days of Wonder, Ticket to Ride, Small World, Memoir '44 are all trademarks or registered trademarks of Days of Wonder, Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Android App: http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.daysofwonder.smallworld2
Small World Steam App: http://store.steampowered.com/app/235620/
Small World iPad App: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/small-world-2/id364165557
Days of Wonder Website: http://www.daysofwonder.com/en/