Biak Island, north west of New Guinea, was on the way back of USA in the Philippines and was equipped with three airfields Japanese built. So Biak was a first choice objective for MacArthur. On the 27th of May 1944, the 41st US Infantry Division landed in the Bosnik mangrove without any opposition. But when US infantrymen reached the airfields plain, they were suddenly under heavy fire by Japanese soldiers of the 222nd Regiment entrenched in camouflaged bunkers and a network of fortified caves on the hills surrounding the plain and named "West Caves". US troops stopped their advance and resisted to several bayonet counter-attacks supported by light tanks. The battle of Biak, made of ambushes and delaying actions, lasted until the 28th of June 1944 when "West Caves" strongpoint was finally reduced.
The stage is set, the battle lines are drawn and you are in command. The rest is history.
THIS SCENARIO WAS AUTHORED BY JDROMMEL.
Allied player [United States] : 6 command cards, you move first.
Axis player [Japan] : 4 command cards.
Conditions of Victory:
Each airfield is a temporary medal objective for the Allied player.
- Use "Japanese Imperial Army" rules (Nation 3).
- Use "Cave on Hills" rules (Terrain 52).
- Use "Flame Thrower Tanks" rules (Troop 13).
- Use "Air Strikes & Blitz" rules (Action 3) to the Allied player.
- www.32nd Division - The 32nd "Red Arrow" US Infantry Division in WWII.
- Wikipedia - The battle of Biak.
- Image Google Earth.
- Original Design by jdrommel
Please note that this scenario was not approved by Richard Borg or Days of Wonder, so you have to check yourself about playability, potential gaming issues, etc.