During Operation Barbarossa, German troops of 1.PanzerGruppe arrived on the 18th of August 1941 in front of the industrial city of Zaporozhie on the Dniepr river. They captured immediately the west suburbs of the city but the famous "Dnieproghes Dam was blew up by Russian troops, producing a lethal flooding down-river and preventing the crossing of the Dniepr. Owing to this sabotage, Russian troops could keep free the east part of the city during 45 days and dismantle all machines tools of their factories to carry them east of the Ural. On the 03rd of October 1941, when German troops captured finally the east part of Zaporozhie, all factories were empty and unusable.
The stage is set, the battle lines are drawn, and you are in command. The rest is history.
Axis player [Germany] : 6 command cards, you move first.
Allied player [Soviet Union] : 5 command cards.
Conditions of Victory:
The airfield is a temporary medal objective for the Axis player.
The sabotage of each factory is a permanent medal objective for the Allied player.
- Use "Red Army" rules (Nations 2).
- Use "Specialized Units" rules (Troops 2) to all Axis infantry units. Badges are not required.
- For the Allied player, use "Blowing up bridges" rules (Actions 2 - option 1) and "Sabotage" (Actions 6) for the dam and the factories.
(Once the dam is destroyed, put a river tile in place of the dam and withdraw the Russian unit of the dam on an adjacent town hexagon).
- For the Axis player, use "Blitz" rules (Actions 15) and "Pontoon Bridges" (Terrains 33).
- Album historique "Opération Barbarossa" - Ed. Heimdal.
Remember,see the Dnieproghes Dam at Zaporozhie.
Please note that this scenario was not approved by Richard Borg or Days of Wonder, so you have to check yourself about playability, potential gaming issues, etc.