While 7th British Armoured Division was fighting against Special Armoured Brigade Babini at El Mechili, 19th Australian Infantry Brigade advanced towards Derna. The Italian airfield at Martuba was defended by a "ad hoc" unit composed with some tanks and the 60th company of Motocyclists "Bersaglieri". In spite of a hard resistance of the Italians, the airfield fell in Australian hands on the 25th of January 1941.
The stage is set, the battle lines are drawn, and you are in command. The rest is history.
Axis player [Italy] : 5 command cards.
Allied player [United Kingdom] : 6 command cards, you move first.
Conditions of Victory:
The main hexagon of the airfield and Martuba are each a temporary medal objective for the Allied player.
- Use "BCF Command" rules (Nations 5) to all Allied units.
- Use "Royal Italian Army" rules (Nations 6) to all Axis units. Badges are not required.
- Use "Specialized Units" rules (Troop 2) to the Axis unit with Elite badge. These are "Bersaglieri".
- Use "North African Desert" rules (Action 9).
- Use "Oasis Recovery" rules (Action 10).
- Magazine Batailles & Blindés n°14 - "Fox killed in the open ground".
Please note that this scenario was not approved by Richard Borg or Days of Wonder, so you have to check yourself about playability, potential gaming issues, etc.