In south Corsica, on the 15th of September 1943, a German column composed with SS infantrymen, Italians "Black Shirts" and some tanks advanced to the north towards the village of Levie. The advance of this column was slow because of the action of French resistance who made roadblocks and ambushes along the road. On the 16th of September, arriving near Levie, the German column was stopped by the destruction of the Roja bridge by the French Resistance. At that time there was a fierce battle between SS and Black Shirts troops against the 200 Corsican patriots helped by some Italian Badoglio troops. The village of Levie was temporarily captured by some Italian Black Shirts but finally Axis troops withdrew to Porto Vecchio because the mountain road was definitively close for the crossing of tanks.
The stage is set, the battle lines are drawn, and you are in command. The rest is history.
Axis player [Germany/Italy] : 5 command cards.
Allied player [French Resistance/Italy] : 6 command cards, you move first.
Conditions of Victory:
6 medals. Levie is a permanent medal objective for the Axis player.
- Use "French Resistance" rules (Nations 1).
- Use "Royal Italian Army" rules (Nations 6) to the three Axis Italian units and three Allied Italian units.
- Use "Specialized Units" rules (Troops 2) to the three Axis Italian units.
- Use "Combat Engineer" rules (Troops 4) to the two German units with Engineer badge.
- Use "Roadblocks" rules (Terrains 40). Quote : a roadblock can be removed by an engineer unit.
- For the Allied player, use "Blowing up bridges" rules (Actions 2 - option 2).
39-45 Magazine n░133/134 - Corse 1940-44.
Remember, see the Memorial to the Corsican patriots at Usciolo Pass.
Please note that this scenario was not approved by Richard Borg or Days of Wonder, so you have to check yourself about playability, potential gaming issues, etc.