With the capture of the Derna-Martuba airfield, Australian soldiers of the 19th Infantry Brigade, approached the hills around the city of Derna. The Italian rearguard composed of elements of 10th Bersaglieri Regiment was entrenched on the escarpment which overhang the city. The Australian soldiers had to attack the Italian positions with bayonets, sustaining some counter-attacks by the Bersaglieri. Finally one Australian battalion bypassed the Wadi Derna on the south and threatened the Italian rearguard to be surrounded, and the last Italian defenders withdrew on the night of 28th January. The next day, the 2/11 Australian Battalion entered in Derna without opposition.
The stage is set, the battle lines are drawn, and you are in command. The rest is history.
Axis player[Italy] : 5 command cards.
Allied player [Australia] : 6 command cards, you move first.
Conditions of Victory:
The city hexagon "Derna" is a temporary medal objective for the Allied player.
- Use "BCF Command" rules (Nations 5) to all Allied units.
- Use "Royal Italian Army" rules (Nations 6) to all Axis units. Badges are not required.
- Use "Specialized Units" rules (Troop 2) to all infantry Axis units. Badges are not required.
- Use "Wadis & Gullies" rules (Terrain 44) to the Wadi Derna.
- "Campagnes d'Afrique 1940-1943" - Ed. Flammarion.
- Militaria Magazine hors-série n°3 - Tobrouk.
Please note that this scenario was not approved by Richard Borg or Days of Wonder, so you have to check yourself about playability, potential gaming issues, etc.