After the successful Soviet offensive from the Vistula to the Oder in January 1945, the 1st Ukrainian Front under the command of Marshall Koniev received the mission to advance in Silesia and to capture the "Festung" Breslau. While the 6th Guard Armored Army surrounded Breslau, the 3rd Guard Armored Army had to cross the Kwisa river and capture the city of Lauban on the Neisse river. On the 17th of February, some motorized units of the 6th Guard Armored Corps entered in Lauban but were quickly stopped by remnants of the 6.Volks-Grenadier Division which defended the city without retreat. And while the Soviet soldiers were fighting in the street of Lauban, the German high command prepared a counter-offensive...
The stage is set, the battle lines are drawn, and you are in command. the rest is history.
Axis player [Germany] : 4 command cards.
Allied player [ Soviet Union] : 6 command cards, you move first.
Conditions of Victory:
The church of Lauban is a temporary medal-objective for the Allied player.
- Use "Specialized Units" rules (Troop 2) to the 7 Allied infantry units with Elite badge.
- Special Weapon Asset rules (SWAs 4 - Special Weapon Assets) are in effect for the 6 Axis units equipped with Anti Tank Weapons (SWAs 5 - Anti Tank Weapons Late War).
- In spite of the aspect, rivers are not frozen but just impassable (Terrains 8) except by the bridges.
- The Axis player lays out the Minefields (Terrain 29 - Minefields).
- Winter combat rules are optional if you have the expansion "Winter Wars".
- Magazine "Batailles & Blindés" n°49 - Baroud d'honneur à Lauban.
Please note that this scenario was not approved by Richard Borg or Days of Wonder, so you have to check yourself about playability, potential gaming issues, etc.