After the landing in Provence, French troops of General de Lattre de Tassigny advanced towards Toulon with the commandos of Lieutenant-colonel Bouvet in vanguard. During a reconnaissance patrol from la Londe des Maures, 1st Commando of Captain Ducourneau found an US armored unit stopped by the fire of a German position. It was a coastal artillery battery placed in the area of the old French fort of Mauvanne. The French officer decided to attack by surprise the German battery with his 60 commandos. Avoiding a minefield and opening a path in the barbed wire, the commandos assaulted the two first blockhaus and captured them in close combat. Then they continued their attack against two other blockhaus. A fifth blockhaus was then discovered by the commandos and they reduced it in close combat. When the battle was over, 100 German artillerymen were prisoners but only 30 commandos were still alive.
The stage is set, the battle lines are drawn, and you are in command. The rest is history.
Axis player [Germany] : 4 command cards.
Allied player [France] : 6 command cards, you move first.
Conditions of Victory:
The Command Post (PdT) and blockhaus III are each a temporary medal objective for the Allied player.
- Use "Specialized Units" rules (Troops 2) to all Allied units except the mortar unit. Elite Badges are not required.
- Special Weapon Asset rules (SWAs 4 - Special Weapon Assets) are in effect for the units equipped with mortar (SWAs 6 - Mortar Late War) or machine guns (SWAs 7 - Machine Gun Late War).
- The PdT is a field bunker (Terrains 22).
- The Axis player lays out the minefields (Terrains 29).
- The Allied player has the opportunity to use twice in the game a smoke screen (Actions 21).
- Commandos d'Afrique - Patrick de Gmeline - Ed. Presses de la Cité.
Remember, see the Battery of Mauvanne and the commando memorial in place in front of les Salins d'Hyères.
Official scenario of FFM44. Played during the tournament at Gardanne on the 08th of May 2013.
Please note that this scenario was not approved by Richard Borg or Days of Wonder, so you have to check yourself about playability, potential gaming issues, etc.