36th French Infantry Division was defending the canal of Ardennes in front of the village of Voncq. On the 09th of June in the morning, after a tremendous artillery fire and the sending of smoke screen by two Nebelwerfer groups, German infantrymen of 26.ID crossed easily the canal nearly dry. German soldiers overran the French positions and captured Voncq. But French General Aublet, commander of the 36th Infantry Division, ordered to counter-attack quickly with the reserve battalion of 57th Infantry Regiment and two tank companies of the 4th Tank Battalion. In spite of heavy losses, the French infantry and tanks restored the situation, recaptured Voncq and forced the Germans to withdraw along the canal of Ardennes.
The stage is set, the battle lines are drawn, and you are in command. The rest is history.
Axis player [Germany] : 6 command cards, you move first.
Allied player [France] : 5 command cards.
Conditions of Victory:
6 medals. The farm and Terron are each a temporary medal-objective for the Axis player.
- Use "French Infantry" rules (Nations 7).
- Special Weapon Asset rules (SWAs 1 - Special Weapon Assets) are in effect for the units equipped with machine guns (SWAs 8 - Machine Gun).
- Use "Nebelwerfer" rules (Troops 25) and "Smoke shells" (Actions 31) to the two Axis artillery units.
- Use "Field Bunker" rules (Terrains 22).
- Aisne river is impassable except by the bridge but the canal of Ardennes is fordable (Terrains 61).
- Use "Blitz" rules (Actions 15).
- The "Air Power" card is not used in this scenario, discard it before beginning the game.
- "Mai-juin 40, les combattants de l'honneur" - Ed. Copernic.
- "La bataille de France jour après jour" - Dominique Lormier.
Remember, see the museum of the battle May-June 1940 at Semuy.
Official scenario of FFM44. Played during the tournament in Le Mans on the 29th of December 2012.
Please note that this scenario was not approved by Richard Borg or Days of Wonder, so you have to check yourself about playability, potential gaming issues, etc.