North of Lyon, the 11.Panzer Division continued its attack against the US vanguards. After the attack of La Valbonne village, "Kampfgruppe" Kilp and Bödicker reached the village of Meximieux, defended by French Resistance and US infantrymen of the 179th Infantry Regiment, Which HQ was situated in the "petit seminaire". Street fighting and tank battles between German "Panther" and US Tank Destroyer lasted all the day. Finally, German troops withdrew from Meximieux in the evening. But the 11.Panzer completed its mission, the German 19.Armee escaped to the Vosges mountains.
The stage is set, the battle lines are drawn, and you are in command. The rest is history.
Axis player [Germany] : 6 command cards, you move first.
Allied player [United-States/French Resistance] : 6 command cards.
Conditions of Victory:
The "petit seminaire" is a permanent medal objective for the Axis player.
- Use "French Resistance" rules (Nations 1) to Allied units with FFI badges.
- Place badges on the 4 German elite infantry units (Troops 2).
- Place a badge on the 1 German mobile artillery unit (Troops 14).
- Place a badge on the 1 Allied Tank Destroyer unit (Troops 24).
- Special Weapon Asset rules (SWAs 4) are in effect for 2 Allied units equipped with Anti-Tank weapons (SWAs 5) and 1 Allied unit equipped with Mortar (SWAs 6).
- Use "Air Strikes" rules (Actions 3) to the Allied player.
- 39/45 Magazine n°303 - La bataille de Méximieux.
Please note that this scenario was not approved by Richard Borg or Days of Wonder, so you have to check yourself about playability, potential gaming issues, etc.