The advance of the 45th US Infantry Division near river Ain, in late August 1944, was a menace for the German retreat north of Lyon. The German 11.Panzer Division attacked strongly the US vanguards to allowed the withdrawal of the 19.Armee. "Kampfgruppe Kilp" was in charge to open the road between Lyon and Meximieux across the military camp of La Valbonne. On the Allied side, company Giraud from French Resistance and F company of 179th US Infantry Regiment supported by some M-10 Tank destroyer of 645th TD Battalion defended the military camp. In the morning of 31st of August 1944, after a quick artillery barrage, kampfgruppe Kilp attacked La Valbonne. The first German assault was repelled with some losses in tank and infantry and the battle ended in the evening. But the next morning, kampfgruppe Müller outflanked the camp in the north and surrounded the Allied units which were captured.
The stage is set, the battle lines are drawn, and you are in command. The rest is history.
Axis player [Germany] : 6 command cards, you move first.
Allied player [United-States/French Resistance] : 5 command cards.
Conditions of Victory:
- Use "French Resistance" rules (Nations 1) to Allied units with FFI badges.
- Place badges on the 4 German elite infantry units (Troops 2).
- Place a badge on the 1 German mobile artillery unit (Troops 14).
- Place a badge on the 1 Allied Tank Destroyer unit (Troops 24).
- Special Weapon Asset rules (SWAs 4) are in effect for 1 Allied unit equipped with Anti-Tank weapons (SWAs 5) and 1 Allied unit equipped with Mortar (SWAs 6).
- Use "Air Strikes" rules (Actions 3) to the Allied player.
- Re-supply rules (Actions 24 - Resupply) are in effect for Half-Tracks (Troops 18 - Half-Tracks).
- 39/45 Magazine n°303 - La bataille de Méximieux.
Please note that this scenario was not approved by Richard Borg or Days of Wonder, so you have to check yourself about playability, potential gaming issues, etc.