General Von Wietersheim, commander of the 11.Panzer Division ordered to Major Bödicker to form a kampfgruppe with his engineer battalion (Pz.Pion.Btl.209) and Panther tanks of the 1/Pz Rgt.15 with the mission to destroy two bridges on the Ain river, used by the US vanguards. On the 1st September at dawn, kampfgruppe Bödicker advanced towards Port-Galland bridge to blow up it. Meanwhile, US troops of the 179th Infantry Rgt had placed a roadblock in the village of Saint Maurice de Gourdans to be sure to keep safe this precious bridge (the other bridge at Chasey was destroyed in the night). The battle lasted all the morning but German engineers never reached the bridge.
The stage is set, the battle lines are drawn, and you are in command. The rest is history.
Axis player [Germany] : 5 command cards, you move first.
Allied player [United-States/French Resistance] : 6 command cards.
Conditions of Victory:
Destruction of the bridge is a permanent medal objective for the Axis player.
- Use "French Resistance" rules (Nations 1) to Allied units with FFI badges.
- Place badges on the 3 German engineer units (Troops 4).
- Place a badge on the 1 Allied Tank Destroyer unit (Troops 24).
- Special Weapon Asset rules (SWAs 4) are in effect for the Allied unit equipped with Anti-Tank weapons (SWAs 5).
- Use "Air Strikes" rules (Actions 3) to the Allied player.
- Re-supply rules (Actions 24 - Resupply) are in effect for Half-Tracks (Troops 18 - Half-Tracks).
- For the Axis player, use "Sabotage" rules (Actions 6) to blow up the bridge. Only one battlestar is needed but a German engineer unit must be adjacent to the bridge.
- 39/45 Magazine n°303 - La bataille de Méximieux.
Please note that this scenario was not approved by Richard Borg or Days of Wonder, so you have to check yourself about playability, potential gaming issues, etc.