In the morning of the 4th of February 1943, a Russian landing operation began on a beach near Ozereevka river, west of Novorossiisk harbor. Romanian infantrymen of the 5th Coy, 38th Infantry Regiment (of the 10th Infantry Division), entrenched on the cliffs overlooking the Black Sea and supported by some "88" German batteries, fought bravely against Russian Marines of the 255th Naval Brigade and M3 Stuart tanks of the 563rd Independent Tank Battalion. Several landing craft were sunk by the strong Axis fire and and the landing operation was cancelled. Russian troops already landed were abandoned to their fate. German reinforcements arrived soon and allowed to the Romanians to destroy the Soviet bridgehead at Ozereevka.
The stage is set, the battle lines are drawn, and you are in command. The rest is history.
Axis player [Romania/Germany] : 5 command cards.
Allied player [Soviet Union] : 6 command cards, you move first.
Conditions of Victory:
6 medals. Severnaya Ozereevka is a temporary medal objective for the Allied player.
- From the beach, hills are cliffs, use "Cliffs & Sea bluffs" rules (Terrains 11).
- Special Weapon Asset rules (SWAs 4) are in effect for Axis units equipped with Mortar (SWAs 6).
- Use "Specialized Units" rules (Troops 2) to the three Allied units with Special Forces badges.
- Use "Landing Craft" rules (Troops 15).
- Use "Heavy Anti-Tank Guns" rules (Troops 23) to the two Axis artillery batteries with 88 badges.
Please note that this scenario was not approved by Richard Borg or Days of Wonder, so you have to check yourself about playability, potential gaming issues, etc.