In spite of the set back of Operation Lightfoot, Montgomery ordered to the 9th Australian Division to capture enemy strongpoints called "Point 29" and "Thompson Post". In the night of 25th of October, Australian soldiers captured Point 29 but the attack of Thompson Post failed in the night 28th of October because of minefields and strong enemy fire. Australian General Morshead ordered a new assault during the night 30th of October against German 125.Panzer-Grenadier Regiment and Italian 7°Bersaglieri. In the darkness, Australian infantrymen reached the coastal road and tried to breakthrough to the sea, but the fierce resistance of Axis troops stopped them. Thompson Post remained in German hands. In the morning of 31st of October, a kampfgruppe of the 21.Panzer Division counter-attacked Australian troops and fought against Valentine tanks of the 40th RTR. On the 1st of November, this kampfgruppe reached isolated troops at Thompson Post and the battle ended ... for some hours only : Operation Supercharge began the following night.
The stage is set, the battle lines are drawn, and you are in command. The rest is history.
Axis player [Germany/Italy] : 5 command cards.
Allied player [Australia] : 6 command cards, you move first.
Conditions of Victory:
6 medals. To reach the coastline is a temporary medal objective for the Allied player.
- Use "BCF Command" rules (Nations 5).
- Use "Royal Italian Army" rules (Nations 6) to the four Axis units with Italian badge.
- Special Weapon Asset rules (SWAs 1 - Special Weapon Assets) are in effect for the units equipped with Machine-guns (SWAs 8).
- Use "Elite Armor" rules (Troops 2) to the Kampfgruppe 21.Pz Division.
- Use "North African Desert" rules (Action 9).
- Use "Night Attack" rules (Action 19).
- The Axis player lays out the minefields (Terrain 29).
- KG 21.Pz Division can move only when full daylight (level 6 on the visibility chart), but can fire if enemy is in LOS.
- Militaria Magazine hors-série n°16 - Opération Supercharge.
- Magazine Batailles & Blindés hors-série n°8 - Afrika Korps tome 2.
- Album Historique 21.Panzer Division - Ed. Heimdal.
Please note that this scenario was not approved by Richard Borg or Days of Wonder, so you have to check yourself about playability, potential gaming issues, etc.