On the 2nd of November 1942 at 0h55, Assault troops of 151st and 152nd Infantry Brigade started their advance to the west, it was the beginning of Operation Supercharge. British infantrymen had to attack the first line of the enemy to lead the way to the tanks. As soon as the infantry reached its objective line, the 9th Armored Brigade made a suicidal charge against the 2nd line composed of several 88mm guns on the Telegraph Trail (Abd El Rahman Trail). It was really a massacre of tanks : 94 tans were engaged in the battle, only 19 survived in the morning. But the rest of the 1st Armored Division followed the 9th Brigade. At that time German tanks of the Deutsche Afrika Korps counter-attacked near Tel El Aqqaqir, but the British informed by "Ultra" were waiting them in ambush. At the end of the day, DAK was reduced to only 35 tanks and Rommel ordered the retreat before the total destruction of his tanks. In the following night, Montgomery ordered a new attack towards Aqqaqir Ridge and on the 4th of November the breakthrough was realized, Rommel had lost the battle.
The stage is set, the battle lines are drawn, and you are in command. The rest is history.
Axis player [Germany/Italy] : 8 command cards.
Allied player [United-Kingdom] : 10 command cards, you move first.
Conditions of Victory:
For the Allied player, Exit markers are in effect on all hexes of the Axis baseline.
- Use "BCF Command" rules (Nations 5).
- Use "Royal Italian Army" rules (Nations 6) to Axis units with Italian badge.
- Use "Big Guns" rules (Troops 3) to the Axis artillery unit with "Big Gun" badge.
- Use "Heavy Anti-tank Guns" rules (Troops 23) to the three Axis artillery unit with "88" badge.
- Special Weapon Asset rules (SWAs 1 - Special Weapon Assets) are in effect for the units equipped with Anti-tank Weapons (SWAs 2).
- Use "North African Desert" rules (Action 9).
- Use "Night Attack" rules (Action 19).
- The Axis player lays out the minefields (Terrain 29).
- Magazine Historica n°85 - Victoire dans le désert.
- Magazine Batailles & Blindés hors-série n°8 - Afrika Korps tome 2.
- Album Historique 21.Panzer Division - Ed. Heimdal.
Please note that this scenario was not approved by Richard Borg or Days of Wonder, so you have to check yourself about playability, potential gaming issues, etc.