On the 7th of September 1944, the 106.Panzer Brigade "Feldherrnhalle" was ordered to attack US troops near Briey, north-west of Metz. advancing in the darkness of the night, German armored columns arrived in the village of Mairy, where was established the HQ of the 90th US Infantry Division. Germans were surprised by US troops in the village and their offensive was stopped around Mairy. On the 8th of September at dawn,infantrymen of the 90th US Inf Div, with the support of tank destroyers of 607th TD Battalion and the divisional artillery, destroyed most of enemy armored vehicles short of fuel. The remnant of 106.Panzer Brigade withdrew in Germany after that battle.
The stage is set, the battle lines are drawn, and you are in command. The rest is history.
Axis player [Germany] : 5 command cards,you move first.
Allied player [United States] : 5 command cards.
Conditions of Victory:
For the Axis player, Exit markers are in effect on all hexes of the Allied baseline (Actions 23) .
- Use "Night Attack" rules (Action 19).
- Special Weapon Asset rules (SWAs 4 - Special Weapon Assets) are in effect for Allied units equipped with bazookas (SWAs 5 - Anti-Tank Gun Late War).
- Use "Specialized Units" rules (Troops 2) to the two Axis infantry units with Elite badge.
- Re-supply rules (Actions 24 - Resupply) are in effect for the Axis Half-Tracks units (Troops 18 - Half-Tracks).
- Use "Tank Destroyers" rules (Troops 24) to the three Allied armored units with TD badge.
- Woigot river is crossable (Terrains 61).
- Album Mémorial Lorraine - Ed. Heimdal.
- Atlas routier Michelin.
Official scenario of FFM44. Played during the tournament at Nancy on the 12th of April 2014.
Please note that this scenario was not approved by Richard Borg or Days of Wonder, so you have to check yourself about playability, potential gaming issues, etc.