On the 22nd of January 1943, Gumrak airfield felt in Soviet hands. German 6.Armee was in a deadly trap. No more supply, no more air evacuation of the wounded, no more hope to breakthrough the surrounding. Hitler had forbidden to General Paulus to capitulate and had ordered to fight until the last man. The battle was fierce until the 31st of January, then Paulus signed the capitulation of the remnants of 6.Armee. One last German pocket in the north of the city resisted two days more then surrendered. In the afternoon of the 2nd of February 1943, a German reconnaissance aircraft flew over the city and announced "No more evidence of fighting in Stalingrad". The battle of Stalingrad was over.
The stage is set, the battle lines are drawn, and you are in command. The rest is history.
Axis player [Germany] : 8 command cards.
Allied player [Soviet Union] : 10 command cards, you move first.
Conditions of Victory:
The Univermag building is a definitive medal objective for the Allied player.
- Use "Specialized Units" rules (Troops 2) and "Combat Engineer" rules (Troops 4) to Allied units with appropriate badges.
- Use Sniper figures of the Equipment Pack in place of the German and Russian snipers (Troops 10).
- Volga river is not frozen but impassable (Terrains 8).
- The Axis player lays out the minefields (Terrains 29).
- Urban combat rules or Winter combat rules are optional if you have the battle map "Sword of Stalingrad" or the expansion "Winter Wars".
- "Stalingrad" - Antony Beevor.
- Magazine Historica hors-série n°48 - Stalingrad - l'agonie de la 6.Armee.
Remember, see the ruins of the mill and Mamaev Kurgan Memorial.
Please note that this scenario was not approved by Richard Borg or Days of Wonder, so you have to check yourself about playability, potential gaming issues, etc.