The German breakthrough on the Somme river in June 1940 was terrible for Allied troops, French units of the 9th Army Corps and British units of the 51th Highland Division were fighting and withdrawing in front an enemy always superior in numbers. South of Saint Saëns, in the locality of Beaumont, a Scottish company and some isolated French soldiers were caught up by German motorized infantry. British soldiers were able to counter-attack the enemy but the reinforcement of the German troops by some tanks stopped the counter-attack and crushed the Scottish resistance. A forgotten battle among so many heroic and unknown fighting in that time.
The stage is set, the battle lines are drawn, and you are in command. The rest is history.
Axis player [Germany] : 6 command cards, you move first.
Allied player [United Kingdom/France] : 5 command cards.
Conditions of Victory:
- Use "BCF Command" rules (Nations 5) to all Allied units.
- Use "French Army" rules (Nations 7) to the two Allied units called "Chasseurs à pied".
- Use "Blitz" rules (Actions 15).
- The "Air Power" card is not allowed to the Allied player, discard it and take another from the pile.
- "Les soldats de 40 dans la première bataille de Normandie" - R.G. Nobécourt.
Remember, see the forgotten Memorial in the disused local cemetery of Beaumont.
Please note that this scenario was not approved by Richard Borg or Days of Wonder, so you have to check yourself about playability, potential gaming issues, etc.