In the morning of the 8th of November 1942, Allied troops landed in French North Africa, with the hope of the French didn't fight. But in the Oran area, French troops fought against the US Center Task Force of General Fredendall. On the 9th of November, when US troops were approaching Oran, R-35 tanks (totally obsolete in 1942) of the 2nd RCA counter-attacked toward Tafaraoui and were stopped and destroyed by US tank-destroyers. French infantrymen of the 2nd Zouave Regiment, using their old 75mm field guns as anti-tank, resisted firmly at Missenhin and Valmy. The battle lasted until 10th of November when the ceasefire was signed between French and Allies.
The stage is set, the battle lines are drawn, and you are in command. The rest is history.
Axis player [France - Vichy] : 5 command cards.
Allied player [United-States] : 6 command cards, you move first.
Conditions of Victory:
- Use "French Army" rules (Nations 7).
- Special Weapon Asset rules (SWAs 1 - Special Weapon Assets) are in effect for the units equipped with Anti-Tank Weapons (SWAs 2 - Anti-Tank Weapons).
- Use "Tank Destroyers" rules (Troops 24) to the Allied armored unit with TD badge.
- Sebkha d'Oran is a salt lake, impassable for tanks.
- Militaria Magazine hors-série n°20 - Opération Torch.
* Quotation mentioned in an US advertising notice during Operation Torch and repeating a sentence said in 1917 by a US officer in front of the grave of Marquis de Lafayette.
Please note that this scenario was not approved by Richard Borg or Days of Wonder, so you have to check yourself about playability, potential gaming issues, etc.