After the Japanese landings north and south of Luzon island and the threat to be surrounded in the area of Manila, US General MacArthur decided to gather US and Philippines soldiers in the Bataan peninsula. To allow a secure withdrawal of his troops, he organized a defensive line between Porac and Guagua in order to delay the Japanese advance. From the 1st to 5th of January 1942, 11th and 21st Divisions and the 26th Cavalry Regiment fought fiercely against Japanese troops in this area. The losses were very high for each belligerent but the delaying action was successful : most of MacArthur's troops were arrived in the Bataan peninsula.
The stage is set, the battle lines are drawn, and you are in command. The rest is history.
Axis player [Japan] : 9 command cards, you move first.
Allied player [United-States/Philippines] : 9 command cards.
Conditions of Victory:
Pio and Lubao cities are each a temporary medal objective for the Axis player.
- Use "Imperial Japanese Army" rules (Nations 3).
- Use "Hospital Recovery" rules (Actions 18) for the Allied player.
- Use "Cavalry" rules (Troops 8) to the 2 Allied units with badge.
- The "Air Power" card is not allowed to the Allied player, discard it and take another from the pile.
- "The Fall of the Philippines" - Morton, Louis (1953).
Please note that this scenario was not approved by Richard Borg or Days of Wonder, so you have to check yourself about playability, potential gaming issues, etc.