There are problems with this scenario: it cannot be set-up using the standard terrain tiles of Memoir '44 and the selected extensions. There are too many terrains of one or more types. Please contact the author.
German radar station "Distelfink", between Basly and Douvres-la-Délivrande, was defended by the 8.kompanie of Luftnachrichten Regiment. This position was really strong because of numerous blockhaus and trenches armed with anti-tank guns, anti-aircraft guns, mortars and machine-guns, all surrounded by minefields, anti-tank ditches and barbed wire. "Distelfink" was attacked first on the 07th of June by Canadian soldiers of the North Shore Regiment, landed on Juno Beach. This was a set back. Several attacks followed on the next days without any success, the German radar station resisted firmly. Finally, on the 17th of June, a combined attack made by Hobart Funnies (Flails and AVRE) of the 26th Assault Squadron RE and Commandos of 41st Royal Marine Commando got the surrender of the German garrison totally isolated from 10 days in the rear of Allied lines.
The stage is set, the battle lines are drawn, and you are in command. The rest is history.
Axis player [Germany] : 6 command cards.
Allied player [United Kingdom] : 6 command cards, you move first.
Conditions of Victory:
Each radar is a temporary medal objective for the Allied player.
- Use "BCF Command" rules (Nations 5).
- Use "Specialized Units" rules (Troops 2) to all Allied infantry units. Badges are not required.
- Use "Hobart Funnies" rules (Troops 26) to all Allied tank units. 2 "Flails" Mine Digger and 2 "AVRE" Petard Mortar.
- Special Weapon Asset rules (SWAs 4 - Special Weapon Assets>1942) are in effect for units equipped with Anti-Tank Weapons (SWAs 5), Mortars (SWAs 6) and Machine-guns (SWAs 7).
- Hedgehogs (Terrain 5) represent anti-tank ditches around the site.
- The Axis player lays out the minefields (Terrain 29).
- Magazine Batailles n°40 - Bataille de Douvres-la-Délivrande.
Remember, visit the radar station museum and see the British wargraves at Douvres-la-Délivrande.