On the 20th of August 1944, the US Army was on the Seine river near Mantes-la-Jolie and the 79th US Infantry Division made a bridgehead north of the river. To stop the US advance, Germans gathered all available units under the command of 1.SS PanzerKorps, including one company of heavy tanks "Koenigstiger" (Tiger II), the 1/SS Panzer Abt 101.On the 26th of August, after the initial fire by "Nebelwerfer" and with the support of two infantry battalions of a Luftwaffe Feld-Division, the Koenigstiger attacked the US first lines at Fontenay-Saint-Père. In spite of an initial panic, US infantrymen resisted fiercely and several German tanks were destroyed or immobilized. This attack was so a set back but the US advance was stopped for more of a week, permitting the withdrawal of the German army north of the Seine river between Rouen and Louviers.
The stage is set, the battle lines are drawn, and you are in command. The rest is history.
Axis player [Germany] : 5 command cards, you move first.
Allied player [United States] : 6 command cards.
Conditions of Victory:
- Use "Big Guns" rules (Troops 3) for the Allied artillery unit.
- Use "Tiger" rules (Troops 16) to all Axis armored units.
- Use "Tank Destroyers" rules (Troops 24) to the two Allied armored units with TD badge.
- Use "Screaming Meemies" rules (Troops 25) to the Axis artillery unit.
- Special Weapon Asset rules (SWAs 4 - Special Weapon Assets>1942) are in effect for Allied units equipped with Anti-Tank Weapons (SWAs 5).
- 39/45 Magazine n°118 - La contre-offensive des Koenigstiger sur la tête de pont US de Mantes.
Please note that this scenario was not approved by Richard Borg or Days of Wonder, so you have to check yourself about playability, potential gaming issues, etc.