Rabaul Japanese base was gradually isolated by US advance in New Guinea and north of Salomon islands. The capture of Hollandia obliged the Japanese to withdraw their Aircrafts on Biak airfields. Then US Command launched Operation Straight Line to capture Wakde airfield. Tornado Task Force, formed with 163rd Regimental Combat Team (41st US Infantry Division) and 3rd Engineer Special Brigade, was ordered to land on Insoemoar island and to capture the airfield. In spite of numerous bunkers and caves used as pillboxes, the Japanese garrison was annihilated within two days with small losses for the US.
The stage is set, the battle lines are drawn and you are in command. The rest is history.
Axis player [Japan] : 4 command cards.
Allied player [United States] : 6 command cards, you move first.
Conditions of Victory:
The Plantation house and the central hexagon of the airfield are each a temporary medal objective for the Allied player.
- Use "Japanese Imperial Army" rules (Nation 3).
- Special Weapon Asset rules (SWAs 4 - Special Weapon Assets>1942) are in effect for Japanese units equipped with Mortars (SWAs 6) or Machine-guns (SWAs 7).
- Use "Sniper" rules for the Japanese single figure unit (Troops 10).
- Use "Destroyer" rules (Troops 12).
- Use "Landing Crafts" rules (Troops 15).
- Re-supply rules (Actions 24) are in effect for the Supply Trucks (Troops 17).
- www.Pacific Wrecks.com.
Please note that this scenario was not approved by Richard Borg or Days of Wonder, so you have to check yourself about playability, potential gaming issues, etc.