Radicofani is a small italian village built on a hill which overlooks the area. In June 1944, it was a main strong-point on the Frieda line, the German defense line on Tuscany. On the 18th of June, 1st Battalion of Foreign Legion of the Free French Division was ordered to capture the village and the fortress on the top of the hill, defended by a grenadier battalion of the 26.Panzer Division. With the support of Sherman tanks and tanks-destroyers, the legionnaires attacked in spite of heavy enemy fire and minefields. At the end of the day, Radicofani was captured and the German strong-point destroyed.
The stage is set, the battle lines are drawn, and you are in command. The rest is history.
Axis player [Germany] : 5 command cards.
Allied player [France] : 6 command cards, you move first.
Conditions of Victory:
Radicofani fortress is a permanent medal objective for the Allied player.
- Use "French Army" rules (Nations 7).
- Special Weapon Asset rules (SWAs 4 - Special Weapon Assets>1942) are in effect for units equipped with Mortars (SWAs 6) and Machine-guns (SWAs 7).
- Use "Tank Destroyers" rules (Troops 24) to the Allied armored units with TD badge.
- The Axis player lays out the minefields (Terrains 29).
- The fortress is at the same level than hills.
- "Le corps expéditionnaire français en Italie" - Histoire & Collections.
Please note that this scenario was not approved by Richard Borg or Days of Wonder, so you have to check yourself about playability, potential gaming issues, etc.