Saint Nazaire pocket was the largest German pocket on the Atlantic front. Its ground defensive line was more of 100 km long. General Junck, commander of the "Festung Saint Nazaire", had 25 000 soldiers under his command. Allied forces which surrounded the pocket were a part of the 94th US ID and 25th French infantry division. It was in fact a grouping of all FFI units from the French Resistance, poorly equipped and armed with captured weapons. This was why the German pocket never been attacked by Allied troops until the surrender in May 1945. But during the siege, the Germans launched sometimes some raids on the front line. It was what happened on Chauve and La Sicaudais on the 20th of December 1944.
The stage is set, the battle lines are drawn, and you are in command. The rest is history.
Axis player [Germany] : 5 command cards, you move first.
Allied player [France] : 5 command cards.
Conditions of Victory:
La Sicaudais and the church of Chauve are each a temporary medal objective for the Axis player.
- Use "French Army" rules (Nations 7).
- Special Weapon Asset rules (SWAs 4 - Special Weapon Assets>1942) are in effect for units equipped with Mortars (SWAs 6) and Machine-guns (SWAs 7).
- Use "Field Bunkers" rules (Terrains 22).
- "Air Strike" card is removed of the desk before beginning the game.
- Album Mémorial "La Bretagne en guerre" - chapitre 12, la poche de Saint Nazaire - Ed. Heimdal.
Please note that this scenario was not approved by Richard Borg or Days of Wonder, so you have to check yourself about playability, potential gaming issues, etc.