Operation Uranus was a complete success for the Soviets, trapping the German 6th Army and 4th Panzer Army in Stalingrad. To exploit this victory, the Soviet general staff planned a winter campaign. Soviet forces consolidated their positions around Stalingrad and began fierce fighting to shrink the pocket. On December 16, the Soviets staged a second offensive, codenamed Operation Little Saturn, and attempted to punch through the Italian army on the Don river near Mamon. Although vastly outnumbered, the Italians somehow managed to hold out until the 19th, when they were ordered to withdraw.
Equipment Pack Bonus Scenario #6
Axis [Italy] 6 Command Cards.
Allies [Soviet Union] 5 Command Cards.
You move first.
Conditions of Victory:
- Exit is in effect for entire Axis baseline for the Allied player (Actions 23).
- If a unit exits at full strength, it will be worth 2 medals instead of 1.
- Soviet Command Rules (Nation 2),
- Italian Royal Army and High Command Rules (Nations 6),
- Allied tanks may only move 0-2,
- Combat Engineers (Troops 4),
- SWAs Early War Machine Guns (SWAs 1, SWAs 8).
Note: this is the only scenario in the bonus book that doesn't state how Air Power card is used, so it probably means normal rules: 2 dice for Allies, 1 die for Axis.
Please note that this scenario was not approved by Richard Borg or Days of Wonder, so you have to check yourself about playability, potential gaming issues, etc.