On the 07th of July 1943, Generaloberst Model focused his attacks on Ponyri with the 292.ID and the 18.Pz Division. But on the Soviet side, Rokossovski had reinforced the troops in the area and the Germans didn't succeed to capture Ponyri. On the 08th of July, the 4.Pz Division attacked the Soviet Defense in front of Teploïe with the support of the "Tiger" tanks battalion. On this point too, the Germans didn't succeed to break through the Soviet line because of continuous Russian counter-attacks. Finally, on the evening of this day, German troops had made a little advance and held only the north part of Ponyri.
The stage is set, the battle lines are drawn, and you are in command. The rest is history.
Axis player [Germany]: 9 command cards, you move first.
Allied player [Soviet Union]: 8 command cards.
Conditions of Victory:
Hill 274,5 and Ponyri station are each a temporary medal objective for the Axis player.
- Use "Specialized Units" rules (Troops 2) to Axis units with badges.
- Use "Tiger" rules (Troops 16) to the three Axis tank units with a single figure.
- Use "Tank Destroyers" rules (Troops 24) to the two Axis armored units with four figures. These are "Ferdinand" units.
- Special Weapon Asset Rules (SWAs 4) are in effect for Allied units equipped with anti tank guns (SWAs 5).
- The Allied player lays out the minefields (Terrains 29).
- Magazine "Batailles & Blindés hors-série n°10 - Koursk tome 2.
- "Koursk, le choc des blindés" - G.Jukes - Ed. Marabout.
Remember, see several memorials in this area.
Please note that this scenario was not approved by Richard Borg or Days of Wonder, so you have to check yourself about playability, potential gaming issues, etc.