After the entry of Allied troops in Naples on the 1st of October 1943, the 8th Army continued its advance along the Adriatic coast. In the night of 3rd of October, surprising the Germans, British commandos of the Special Service Brigade landed near Termoli and captured the city and the port. German defenders, paratroopers of the 1.Fallschirmjäger Division, could not prevent the capture of Termoli and the commandos were quickly reinforced by infantrymen of the 11th Brigade came by the road from Bari. But the Germans didn't said their last word...
The stage is set, the battle lines are drawn, and you are in command. The rest is history.
Axis player [Germany] : 4 command cards.
Allied player [United Kingdom] : 6 command cards, you move first.
Conditions of Victory:
The port and the railway station of Termoli are each a temporary medal objective for the Allied player.
- Use "BCF Command" rules (Nations 5) to all Allied units.
- Use "Specialized Units" rules (Troops 2) to all Allied and Axis units. Badges are not required.
- Use "Night Attacks" rules (Actions 19).
- "Commando" - John Durnford Slater.
- Military Magazine hors-série n°43 - Premiers pas en Italie.
Please note that this scenario was not approved by Richard Borg or Days of Wonder, so you have to check yourself about playability, potential gaming issues, etc.