On the 15th of September 1944, a platoon of jeeps and armored cars of the 2nd US Cavalry Group entered in Lunéville from the road of Moncel but was repulsed by the German garrison. On the 16th of September, two squadrons of the Cavalry Group joined the French Resistance in Lunéville and attacked the German garrison who withdrew north of the city. On the 18th of September, German tanks of the 111.Panzer Brigade counter-attacked and entered in the city but failed to cross the railway defended by US tanks-destroyers. On the 20th of September, infantrymen of the 79th US Infantry Division and tanks of the 6th US Armored Division entered finally in the city. Lunéville was definitively liberated on the 22nd of September 1944.
The stage is set, the battle lines are drawn, and you are in command. The rest is history.
Axis player [Germany] : 5 command cards.
Allied player [United States/French Resistance] : 5 command cards, you move first.
Conditions of Victory:
The 5 hexes of Lunéville form a Temporary Majority Medal Objective worth 1 Medal for whoever controls them.
- Use "French Resistance" rules (Nations 1) to the two Allied units with Resistance badge.
- Use "Specialized Units" rules (Troops 2) to the two Axis infantry units with Elite badge.
- Use "Long Range Patrol Cars" rules (Troops 19) for the US reconnaissance unit with PC badge.
- Use "Tank Destroyers" rules (Troops 24) to the two Allied armored units with TD badge.
- Album Mémorial Lorraine - Ed. Heimdal.
- www.histoire-lorraine.fr ? Lunéville - secteur 416
Official scenario of FFM44. Played during the tournament at Nancy on the 12th of April 2014.
Please note that this scenario was not approved by Richard Borg or Days of Wonder, so you have to check yourself about playability, potential gaming issues, etc.