After the German breakthrough to the Channel, French 7th Army under the command of General Frere received the order to make a new front line on the Somme river. German troops had already establish a bridgehead in the south of Amiens and the 7th Colonial Infantry Division (7th DIC) arrived by forced march, was ordered to reduce this bridgehead. In the morning of 24th May, with the support of a squadron of SOMUA tanks from the 7th Regiment of Cuirassiers, colonial and Senegalese infantrymen advanced to Dury and Saint Fuscien and captured it in a fierce battle. On the right, the Recce Group of the Division (GRD 77) captured Cagny, allowing later the capture of Longueau station. But in front of Amiens, the French attack was slowed by the heavy German resistance. On the following night, French command stopped the attack in order to reorganize the troops.
The stage is set, the battle lines are drawn, and you are in command. The rest is history.
Axis player [Germany] : 6 command cards.
Allied Player [France] : 6 command cards, you move first.
Conditions of Victory:
The cathedral of Amiens and Longueau station are each a temporary medal-objective for the Allied player.
- Use 'French Army" rules (Nations 7).
- Use "Specialized Units" rules (Troops 2) to the two Allied infantry units with French badge. These units are the recce group of the division (GRD 77).
- Use "Special Weapon Asset" rules (SWA 1 & 2) to the three Axis units with anti-tank badge. These units are equipped with anti-tank light guns PAK 35/36.
- Use "Blitz" rules (Actions 15).
- Militaria Magazine hors-sÚrie n░21 - Le mois terrible.
Please note that this scenario was not approved by Richard Borg or Days of Wonder, so you have to check yourself about playability, potential gaming issues, etc.