31st of March 1941 - Cyrenaica.
After the tremendous defeat of Beda Fomm in February, Mussolini was afraid : his Italian army in Libya was destroyed or routed. Hitler decided to send a German troop in Africa to help his unlucky allied. This "Sperrverband" (blockade unit) had the mission to stop the enemy and became the "Deutsche Afrikakorps" (DAK) under the command of a young Generalleutnant : Erwin Rommel. When just arrived in Tripoli, Rommel sent his first landed troops to the east to make contact with the British vanguard. The contact was in El Agheila with a British withdraw to Marsa El Brega. In the morning, the DAK attacked. British units, entrenched in their defensive positions opened artillery fire on German assault waves : the first infantry attack failed. After an air strike by dive bombers (Stukas) of the Luftwaffeagainst British artillery batteries, the second assault was launched. At the end of the day, Marsa El Brega was in German hands. The road to Marmarica was open, the epic of DAK and the "Desert Fox" began.
The stage is set, the battle lines are drawn, and you are in command. The rest is history.
Axis player [Germany] : 5 command cards, you move first.
Allied player [United Kingdom] : 5 command cards.
Conditions of Victory:
6 medals, the central hex of Marsa-El-Brega is a temporary medal objective for the Axis player.
- Use "BCF Command" rules (Nation 5).
- Use "North-African Desert " rules (Action 9).
- Use "Blitz" rules (Action 15).
- "Lac salé et asséché" is impassable for any unit.
- Use "Combat Engineer" rules for the 2 German units with badges (Troop 4).
- The Allied player lays out the minefields (Terrain 29).
- "Rommel in the desert" - V. Kühn.
- "Erwin Rommel" - D. Maurès.
- "Rommel et l'Afrikakorps" - H.G. Von Esebeck.
- "La guerre sans haine" - Tome 1 - E. Rommel.
- Militaria Magazine hors-série n°3 - La guerre du désert.
Please note that this scenario was not approved by Richard Borg or Days of Wonder, so you have to check yourself about playability, potential gaming issues, etc.