19th of August 1942 - Operation "Jubilee".
While the main force of the 2nd Canadian Infantry Division was landing on the Dieppe's beach, a battalion of the South Saskatchevan Regiment (SSR) landed in front of Pourville at 04h50 AM. Its mission was to seize Pourville village, the farm called "ferme des 4 vents" and the radar station on the top of the cliff. Landed on the right bank of the Scie river, the SSR had to cross the river by a bridge under the fire of German machine guns. At 05h50, a battalion of the Canadian Highlanders Regiment landed in its turn with the mission to seize a German airfield near Arques la Bataille. This mission was aborted because the tanks that should make the support of this battalion never arrived (They were destroyed on the Dieppe's beach). For the Saskatchevan, the result was the same : the radar station was inaccessible, too highly defended by troops of the 517th German Infantry Regiment. Remains of the two Canadian battalions had to re-embark under enemy fire. Within the complete failure of Operation "Jubilee", the only success was the destruction of the "Hess" coastal battery at Varengeville by Commando n°4. "Jubilee" was a bloody defeat on tactical view but has yielded a lot of useful information to the Allied for the preparation and execution of the successful Operation "Overlord" two years later.
The stage is set, the battle lines are drawn, and you are in command. The rest is history.
Allied player [Canada] : 6 command cards, you move first.
Axis player [Germany] : 4 command cards.
Conditions of Victory:
6 medals. "Les quatre vents" farm and the central hex of Pourville are a temporary medal objective for the Allied player. The radar station is a permanent medal objective for the Allied player.
- Scie river is impassable except by the bridge (Terrains 8).
- Use "BCF Command" rules (Nation 5).
- Cliffs are impassable from the beach edge (Terrains 11).
- Radar station is on the top of the cliff.
- Use "Special Weapon Asset" and "Mortar late war" rules (SWAs 1 & 6) to the Axis units with badges.
- Use Air rules. The two "Air Sortie" cards are on the pile. The Axis player can only use one "Air Sortie" card in the game.
- "Green Beach" - J. Leasor.
- 39-45 Magazine n°51, 73/74 et 78.
- Magazine Témoignages de Guerre n°17 avec sa carte des opérations.
Please note that this scenario was not approved by Richard Borg or Days of Wonder, so you have to check yourself about playability, potential gaming issues, etc.