17th of August 1944, east of Orne river.
Landed on the 08th of August 1944 at Arromanches, the Belgian Brigade, under the command of Brigadier General Piron, was attached to the 6th British Airborne Division. At the beginning of Operation "Paddle", the "Piron" Brigade was ordered to capture Franceville and Merville villages. But before, the Belgian Brigade had to seize the German strongpoint called "Moulin du Buisson" which resisted to all Allied assaults from the 06th of June. Equipped with Daimler armored cars and infantry carried by jeeps, reinforced by a battalion of British paratroopers (12th Devons) and by some engineers, the Belgian Brigade succeeded in all its objectives in spite of minefields and fierce enemy defense.
The stage is set, the battle lines are drawn, and you are in command. The rest is history.
Allied player [Belgium/United Kingdom] : 5 command cards, you move first.
Axis player [Germany] : 4 command cards.
Conditions of Victory:
6 medals. The blockhaus of Moulin du Buisson is a permanent medal objective for the Allied player.
- Use "Specialized Units" rules for Allied airborne troops (Troop 2).
- Use "Combat Engineer" rules for Allied engineer troops (Troop 4).
- Use " BCF command" rules for the British troops (Nation 5).
- "Opération Paddle" - Eddy Florentin.
- Magazine Troupe d'élite - les héros de la Brigade Piron.
- Carte IGN 1:50000 n°1612 - Caen.
Please note that this scenario was not approved by Richard Borg or Days of Wonder, so you have to check yourself about playability, potential gaming issues, etc.