January 1943 - Briansk's forest.
After the German invasion of USSR in 1941, many soviets troops isolated in large areas and rejecting any surrender, had formed as many groups of partisans which harassed the rear of Axis troops during the whole war in the East. To counter this threat, Germans made some "cleaning" operations to destroy without pity any partisan group. The LVF (Légion des Volontaires Français),a French collaborationist unit, regiment sized, was involved in this gloomy task. This was the combat of a hunting commando of the LVF in its fight against the soviets partisans in the large forest of Briansk.
The stage is set, the battle lines are drawn, and you are in command. The rest is history.
Axis player [France] : 05 command cards, you move first.
Allied player [Russia] : 04 command cards.
Conditions of Victory:
6 medals. The Russian village near the bridge is a temporary medal objective for the Axis player.
- Use "Sniper" rules (Troop 10) for the 3 Russian units with a single figure.
- Use "Resistance" rules for all Russian units with 3 figures (Nations 1).
- Use "Red Army" rules (Nations 2) for all Russian units (Nations 2).
- Use "French Infantry" rules (Nations 7).
- Special Weapon Asset rules (SWAs 4 - Special Weapon Assets>1942) are in effect for the unit equipped with Mortar (SWAs 6).
-"Air Power" card is not allowed to any player, activate 1 infantry unit instead.
- Magazine "Troupe d'élite" - Commando de chasse - Ed. Atlas.
Official scenario of FFM44. Played during the tournament in Nantes on the 19th of November 2011.
Please note that this scenario was not approved by Richard Borg or Days of Wonder, so you have to check yourself about playability, potential gaming issues, etc.