Nogaïc steppe - September 1941.
11th German army had the mission to seize the Crimean peninsula and Sevastopol's harbor. But before, it had to cross the Perekop isthmus which is the Crimean gate. With 7 km wide, the isthmus is cut by the "Tartar trench" dug by Turks in the 15th century and converted in an antitank ditch by the soviet army as the pivot of the defense. On the 24th of September, 46th and 73rd German Infantry Divisions attacked with the support of tanks of StuG Abteilung 190. Two days later, the "Tartar trench" was crossed and the 26th of September, the city of Armiansk was in German hands. The way to Sevastopol was open to the German army.
The stage is set, the battle lines are drawn, and you are in command. The rest is history.
Axis player [Germany] : 6 command cards, you move first.
Allied player [Soviet Union] : 5 command cards.
Conditions of Victory:
7 medals. Armiansk is a temporary medal objective for the Axis player.
- Use "Red Army" rules (Nation 2).
- The river represent the "Tartar Ditch". Use "Trenches" rules for the combat and "Fordable Stream" rules for the move of the tanks in this trench.
- Russian bunkers crews have only 2 figures. Their destruction doesn't count for a medal.
- Use "Combat Engineers" rules for the 3 Axis units with Engineer badges (Troop 4).
- Militaria magazine hors-série n°51 - Prendre Sébastopol.
- "Opération Barbarossa" - Paul Carell.
Please note that this scenario was not approved by Richard Borg or Days of Wonder, so you have to check yourself about playability, potential gaming issues, etc.