07h25 - King Beach sector.
The landing of 69th Brigade (50th Infantry Division "Northumberland") was made by two assault battalions : the 5th East Yorkshire in front of La Rivière and the 6th Green Howard in front of Hable de Heurtot and one follow-up battalion : the 7th Green Howard. Each battalion had a squadron of DD amphibious tanks from the 4/7 Dragoon Guards in support. At La Rivière, the German strongpoint Wn33 made a had resistance and a 88mm antitank gun destroyed two British tanks on the beach. The East Yorks captured the strongpoint further with the naval support of HMS Orion, then they captured Wn34 strongpoint near the Montfleury lighthouse. On Hable de Heurtot, the Green Howard captured the Wn35 strongpoint, composed of Russian soldiers from 1/441 Ost bataillon and crossed the swamps towards the Montfleury artillery battery which was reduced quickly. During the day, the 69th Brigade was advancing inland, achieving the best Allied advance of the D Day.
The stage is set, the battle lines are drawn, and you are in command. The rest is history.
Allied player [United Kingdom] : 5 command cards, you move first.
Axis player [Germany] : 5 command cards.
Conditions of Victory:
6 medals. Ver/Mer is a temporary medal objective for the Allied player.
- Use "BCF Command" rules (Nation 5).
- Use "Combat Engineer" rules (Troop 4) for Tanks unit with "engineer" badges. This AVRE unit may also clear a minefield hex instead of firing.
- Use "Sniper" rules for the single figure unit in the lighthouse (Troop 10).
- Use "Destroyer" rules (Troop 12) and "Landing Craft" rules (Troop 15).
- Use "Heavy Anti-Tank Guns" rules (Troops 23) to the Axis artillery unit.
- Only infantry units could cross the antitank ditch. Inside, it gives the same protection than sandbags.
- The Axis player lays out the minefields (Terrain 29).
- Magazines Historica hors-série n° 74 et 75.
- Album mémorial Overlord - Jour J en Normandie - Ed Heimdal.
- Cartes IGN 1/50000 - Bayeux et Courseulles sur Mer.
Remember, see the Commonwealth war graves at Bayeux.
Please note that this scenario was not approved by Richard Borg or Days of Wonder, so you have to check yourself about playability, potential gaming issues, etc.