07h30 - Jig Beach.
The 231st Brigade (50th Infantry Division) landed with two assault battalions : 1st Dorset in front of Wn36 strongpoint called "la cabane des douanes" and 1st Hampshire in front of Wn37 in Le Hamel. 2nd Devon was the follow-up battalion of the brigade. Each battalion had the support of one squadron of DD amphibious tanks from Sherwood Rangers or Nottingham Yeomanry and AVRE (special engineers tanks) of Westminster Dragoon. 1st Dorset captured Wn36 without too many losses but 1st Hampshire was pinned to the beach by heavy fire of Wn37 which resisted the whole day and was reduced only at 16h00. At that time the way to Bayeux was at last opened and the city liberated in the morning of 07th of June.
The stage is set, the battle lines are drawn, and you are in command. The rest is history.
Allied player [United Kingdom] : 6 command cards, you move first.
Axis player [Germany] : 4 command cards.
Conditions of Victory:
Asnelles, Meuvaines and the Radar station are a temporary medal objective for the Allied player.
- Use "BCF Command" rules (Nation 5).
- Use "Specialized Units" rules for 47th RM Commando unit (Troop 2).
- Use "Combat Engineer" rules (Troop 4) for Tanks unit with "engineer" badge. This AVRE unit may also clear a minefield hex instead of firing.
- Use "Destroyer" rules (Troop 12) and "Landing Craft" rules (Troop 15).
- Use "Special Weapon Asset", "Anti-Tank Weapon late war" and "Machine-guns late war" rules (SWAs 4, 5 & 7) to the Axis units with badges.
- Radar station is out of service.
- Axis player lays out the minefields (Terrain 29).
- Album mémorial Overlord - jour J en Normandie - Ed. Heimdal.
- Magazine Historica hors-série n° 74 et 75.
- Carte IGN 1/50000 - Courseulles sur Mer.
Remember, see the Commonwealth war graves at Bayeux.
Please note that this scenario was not approved by Richard Borg or Days of Wonder, so you have to check yourself about playability, potential gaming issues, etc.