11th of June 1944 - South of Bayeux.
After the successful landing on Gold Beach on the 6th of June 1944 and the liberation of Bayeux the day after, 50th British Infantry Division "Northumbrian" was going inland towards the south. In the same time, a German elite armored division "Panzer Lehr" was arriving on the Normandy front with the objective to take again Bayeux first and then to throw back the Allies to the sea. The clash between the two divisions happened in the area of Tilly-sur-Seulles and Lingevres, in a bocage landscape. Fierce but indecisive combats occurred during a week . At last, on the 18th of June, British troops entered definitively in Tilly-sur-Seulles but the city was entirely destroyed.
The stage is set, the battle lines are drawn, and you are in command. The rest is history.
Allied player [United Kingdom] : 6 command cards, you move first.
Axis player [Germany] : 6 command cards.
Conditions of Victory:
7 medals for each player with at least 1 medal token for the Allied player. Lingevres, St Pierre and Tilly-sur-Seulles are a temporary medal objective for the Allied player.
- Use "Air Strike" rules for the Allied player (Action 3).
- Use "Specialized Units" rules for the 2 German units with "Elite" badges (Troop 2).
- Magazine Historica hors-série n°77.
- Album mémorial, Bataille de Normandie - Ed. Heimdal.
- Album historique, La Panzer Lehr Division - Ed. Heimdal.
- "Ils arrivent" (Sie kommen) - P. Carell.
- Carte IGN 1/50000 - Bayeux.
Please note that this scenario was not approved by Richard Borg or Days of Wonder, so you have to check yourself about playability, potential gaming issues, etc.