7th of September 1939 - Lodz area.
"Leibstandarte SS Adolf Hitler" Regiment was advancing in Lodz area and has to seize first the city of Pabianice. The vanguard was stopped by the heavy fire of the Polish defenders. The Waffen-SS regiment continued its attacks with the support of PzRgt.23 and field artillery. In the afternoon, a Polish counter-attack, made by infantry and cavalry units, threatened the German right flank. The SS HQ was suddenly in first line and staff personnel as well as cooks ans mechanics were obliged to fight like infantrymen. At the end of the day, a Wehrmacht battalion reinforced the waffen-SS and stopped the Polish counter-attack. The advance to Lodz could continue.
The stage is set, the battle lines are drawn, and you are in command. The rest is history.
Axis player [Germany] : 5 command cards, you move first.
Allied player [Poland] : 5 command cards.
Conditions of Victory:
6 medals. Pabianice is a temporary medal objective for the Axis player.
- Use "Blitz" rules (Action 15).
- Use "Specialized Units" for SS troops with elite badges (Troop 2).
- Use "Cavalry" rules for Allied units with cavalry badges (Troop 8).
- The "Air Power" card is not allowed to the Allied player. Discard it and take another.
- Album Historique - Leibstandarte SS - Ed. Heimdal.
- "Soldats du Reich" - K. Meyer.
Please note that this scenario was not approved by Richard Borg or Days of Wonder, so you have to check yourself about playability, potential gaming issues, etc.