14th of May 1940 - South of Sedan.
Remnants of the 55th French Infantry Division received the order to counter-attack the German forces which crossed the Meuse river the day before. 213rd Inf Rgt, supported by FCM lights tanks of 7th BCC, had to attack in the Bar valley and towards Bulson. 205th Inf Rgt, supported by 4th BCC, had to attack on the right flank towards Haraucourt. The disruption of the French troops forced the 7th BCC to attack lonely because infantrymen of 213rd Inf Rgt were not ready to move. The attack began well, Connage was recaptured quickly, but in the center, the attack was suddenly stopped at Bulson and hill 322. German panzers were heavier than French FCM and antitank and field guns caused heavy losses on the French tanks. The counter-attack was too weak to be able to repulse the enemy back to the Meuse river. For the 7th BCC, it was really a mission of sacrifice. On that day, the battle of France was definitively lost for the French Army.
The stage is set, the battle lines are drawn, and you are in command. The rest is history.
Axis player [Germany] : 5 command cards.
Allied player [France] : 5 command cards, you move first.
Conditions of Victory:
7 medals for the Axis player.
7 medals with at least 1 medal token for the Allied player.
Bulson, Chehery and Thelonne are a temporary medal objective for the Allied player.
- Use "Blitz" rules (Action 15).
- "Air Power" card is not allowed to the Allied player. Discard it and take another from the pile.
- Special Weapon Asset rules (SWA 1 & 2) are in effect for the two German units equipped with antitank weapons.
- Militaria Magazine hors-série n°4 - Guderian perce à Sedan.
- Magazine Historica hors-série n°51 - Sedan 1940.
- 39-45 Magazine n°50 - Panzers sur la Meuse.
- Album Mémorial "Blitzkrieg à l'Ouest" - Ed. Heimdal.
- "Sedan mai 40" - Claude Gounelle.
Please note that this scenario was not approved by Richard Borg or Days of Wonder, so you have to check yourself about playability, potential gaming issues, etc.