08th of December 1941 - Gulf of Siam.
01h00 in the morning, the first Japanese assault wave landed on the beach of Kota Bharu in Malaya with a raging sea and under the fire of the 8th Indian Brigade's heavy machine-guns. Despite of several losses,the soldiers of the 18th Japanese Infantry Division succeeded to bypass the enemy strongpoints shielded by mines and barbed wire. At 02h15, the landing was a success. In the afternoon, Gong Kedah Airfield, which was the objective of the day, felt in the Japanese's hands as well as the city of Kota Bharu. In the same time, in the north, other landings without opposition allowed to Gal Yamashita a lot of troops and light tanks in order to take the Malaya and to advance towards Singapore.
The stage is set, the battle lines are drawn, and you are in command. The rest is history !
Axis player [Japan] : 6 command cards, you move first.
Allied player [United Kingdom] : 4 command cards.
Conditions of Victory:
Each hex with a medal token is a temporary medal objective for the Axis player.
- Use "Japanese Imperial Army" rules (Nation 3).
- Use "BCF Command" rules (Nation 5).
- Use "Night Attack" rules (Actions 19).
- Use "Fordable streams" rules (Terrains 61).
- Mines are laid by Allies.
- Magazine Images de guerre 1939-1945 n°9 - La chute de Singapour.
- "Singapour, foudroyante victoire japonaise" - A. Swinson - Coll. Marabout.
- Dictionnaire de la Seconde Guerre mondiale T.2 - Campagne de Malaisie.
Official scenario of FFM44. Played during the tournament in Crépy-en-Valois on the 20th of February 2010.
Please note that this scenario was not approved by Richard Borg or Days of Wonder, so you have to check yourself about playability, potential gaming issues, etc.