16th of August 1944 - Falaise.
After the set back of operation Lüttich, German 5.Panzerarmee and 7.Armee were pinned inside the "Falaise pocket". The defense of the city became very important for the Germans to bolt the nortf flank of the pocket against the advance of 1st Canadian Army and to allow to German troops in the pocket to escape towards Seine river. 2nd Canadian Infantry Division of Major General Foulques was in charge to seize the city defended by Kampfgruppe Krause, remnant of 12.SS Panzerdivision Hitlerjugend. During two days street fighting raged in the ruins of Falaise. After the initial assault of South Saskatchewan and Cameron Highlanders on the old city,the Mont-Royal Fusiliers were clearing the ruins of all German snipers. The SS group entrenched in the Girl Grammar School, fought to death. On the 18th of August, Falaise was free of Germans.
The stage is set, the battle lines are drawn, and you are in command. The rest is history.
Allied player : 6 command cards, you move first.
Axis player : 4 command cards.
QOCH : The Queen's Own Cameron Highlanders of Canada - FMR : Mont-Roya Fusiliersl
SSR : The South Saskatchewan Rgt - 6th FA Rgt : 6th Field Artillery Rgt
A/27 Arm : "A" Squadron / 27th Armoured Rgt - I/26 : 1st battalion/26.SS Panzergrenadier Rgt
Beg. Kie : Begleit Kie / 12.SS Panzerdivision
Conditions of Victory:
Allied player : He must destroy all German units on the board.
Axis player : 10 medals.
- Use "Specialized Units" rules (Troop 2) for all Axis infantry units.
- Use "BCF Command" rules (Nation 5).
- Use "Sniper" rules (Troop 10) for the three single figure infantry units.
- Use "SWA 1, 2 & 3" rules for the Axis units with mortar or antitank weapon badge.
- Sandbags represent walls of the old feudal city, it's a permanent protection.
- Use "Flame Thrower" rules (Troop 13) for Allied tanks with badge.
- Use "Tiger" rules to the Axis "Elite" armored unit (Troop 16).
- Album Historique 12.SS Panzerdivision Hitlerjugend - Ed. Heimdal.
- Magazine Historica hors-série n°92 - De Mortain à Argentan.
- "La bataille de Normandie", Récits de témoins, Tome 1 - Ed. Notre Temps, 1947.
Please note that this scenario was not approved by Richard Borg or Days of Wonder, so you have to check yourself about playability, potential gaming issues, etc.