Crimea - June 1942.
After the battle of Kertch peninsula, general Manstein had free hands to launch the decisive attack against Sevastopol. This was Operation "Störfang". The offensive was the same that the one planned in December 1941 : first an attack against fort Stalin and Fort Maxim Gorki from the Belbek valley then the investing of the city. The artillery support was given by heavy artillery batteries including the famous "Dora", a big gun with a 800mm caliber. On the 7th of June 1942, German infantry and engineers rushed to the Russian forts. The battle lasted several days and soviet soldiers, fanaticized by their political commissars, fought to death in the basements of the forts instead of surrender. On the 13th of June, Fort Stalin was captured, the way to Sevastopol was opened.
The stage is set, the battle lines are drawn, and you are in command. The rest is history.
Axis player [Germany] : 5 command cards, you move first.
Allied player [Soviet Union] : 5 command cards.
Conditions of Victory:
6 medals. If a German unit enter in the hex "dépôt", the Axis player wins immediately.
- Use "Red Army" rules (Nation 2).
- Use "Big Guns" rules for the German artillery unit (Troop 3).
- Use "Combat Engineers" rules for the two units with "Pioneer"badges (Troop 4).
- Use "Fordable Streams" (Terrain 61).
- Russian artillery is fixed. No movement permitted.
- Hills represent walls of the fortress. Internal part of the fortress is at the same level than hills.
- The Allied player lays out the minefield.
- Militaria Magazine hors-série n°51 - Prendre Sébastopol.
- "Opération Barbarossa" - Paul Carell.
Please note that this scenario was not approved by Richard Borg or Days of Wonder, so you have to check yourself about playability, potential gaming issues, etc.