27th of April - Gudbrandsdalslagen.
Operation "Weserübung" begun on 09th of April 1940 was the invasion of Denmark and Norway by German troops. With the resistance of the small Norwegian army, the Allies decided to intervene militarily and sent some troops to support Norway. So the 148th British Infantry Brigade landed in Andalsnes in Central Norway on the 18th of April and advanced along the road and railway to Lillehammer. The contact with 196.Infanterie Division (from Bavaria), took place at Tretten, a village between Lillehammer et Dombas. Without any antitank weapons , the British Brigade couldn't fight against German tanks advancing with the infantry, and was hacked to pieces by the Bavarian division.
The stage is set, the battle lines are drawn, and you are in command. The rest is history.
Axis player [Germany] : 5 command cards.
Allied player [United Kingdom] : 5 command cards, you move first.
Conditions of Victory:
6 medals. The church is a temporary medal objective for the Allied player and the part of the city on the other side of the river is a temporary medal objective for the Axis player.
- Use "Blitz" rules (Action 15).
- "Air Power" card is forbidden for the Allied player, discard it and take another card from the pile.
- The river is impassable except by the bridges (Terrain 8).
- The city bridge give access to any city hex or church (Terrain 9).
- Militaria Magazine hors-série n°49 - Norvège 1940.
- Dictionnaire de la Seconde Guerre mondiale - Tome 2 - Ed. Larousse.
Please note that this scenario was not approved by Richard Borg or Days of Wonder, so you have to check yourself about playability, potential gaming issues, etc.