15th September 1939 - South of the Vistule river.
After the clash of the Polish offensive of the Poznan Army on the Bzura river, the Wehrmacht took again the initiative with a counter-attack in the bend of the Vistule river. Bzura river was crossed by the German panzers and fierce combats happened between Polish troops trying to breakthrough along the river and the German XVI.Armee Korps, including SS Leibstandarte Regiment and the 4th Panzerdivision. On the 19th of September, the Bzura river battle was ended, the Poznan Army, surrounded, had to surrender and 170 000 Polish soldiers became prisoners.
The stage is set, the battle lines are drawn, and you are in command. The rest is history.
Axis player [Germany] : 6 command cards, you move first.
Allied player [Poland] : 6 command cards.
Conditions of Victory:
7 medals. Prszeslawice and Juljopol are each a temporary medal objective for the Axis player, Sladow is a temporary medal objective for the Allied player.
- Use "Specialized Units" rules (Troop 2) for the four Axis units with "Elite" badges.
- Use "Cavalry" rules (Troop 8) for the three Allied units with "Cavalry" badges.
- Use "Blitz" rules (Actions 15).
- The "Air Power" card is not allowed to the Allied player, discard it and take another from the pile.
- Air rules are optional. If used, the 2 "Air Sortie" cards are in the pile. Only the Axis player could use it.
- 39-45 Magazine n°111 - L'agonie de la Pologne.
- Album Historique Leibstandarte SS - Ed. Heimdal.
Please note that this scenario was not approved by Richard Borg or Days of Wonder, so you have to check yourself about playability, potential gaming issues, etc.