9th September 1939 - Kutno area.
After the battle to the border and the breakthrough of German tanks toward the heart of Poland, German Panzer Divisions were stopped in the suburbs of Warsaw, out of petrol. At that time, Polish General Kutrzeba, commander of Poznan army decided to counter-attack from the Bzura river toward south-east. German 30.Infanterie Division was hacked to pieces by several Polish divisions in a three days battle. Finally some reinforcement from the 10.Armee of General von Reichenau permitted to stop the Polish attack.
The stage is set, the battle lines are drawn, and you are in command. The rest is history.
Axis player [Germany] : 5 command cards.
Allied player [Poland] : 6 command cards, you move first.
Conditions of Victory:
- Use "Cavalry" rules (Troops 8) to the three Allied units with Cavalry badge.
- Use "Blitz" rules (Action 15).
- The "Air Power" card is not allowed to the Allied player, discard it and take another from the pile.
- Air rules are optional. If used, the two "Air Sortie" cards are in the pile. Only the Axis player could use it.
- Militaria Magazine hors-sÚrie n░40 - Varsovie et la Sarre.
- Atlas de la Seconde Guerre mondiale - Ed. France Loisirs.
Please note that this scenario was not approved by Richard Borg or Days of Wonder, so you have to check yourself about playability, potential gaming issues, etc.