In January 1942, the battle was raging in the Bataan peninsula between Japanese troops of general Homma and Philippines and US forces of general Wainwright. Japanese were advancing slowly to the center of the peninsula and were subjected to fierce counter-attacks. To win definitively, Japanese command organized a landing at Caibobo Point on the rear of Allied lines. But they landed in fact in two wrong places : Quinauan Point and Longoskawayan Point. On this last place, near of Mariveles city, Japanese resisted during six days in a very hard ground (jungle and rocks) before to be surrounded and killed to the last.
The stage is set, the battle lines are drawn, and you are in command. The rest is history.
Axis player [Japanese Imperial Army] : 5 command cards, you move first.
Allied player [United States/Philippines] : 5 command cards.
Conditions of Victory:
- Use "Japanese Imperial Army" rules (Nation 3).
- Use "Steep Hills" rules (Terrain 13).
- Use "Fordable Streams" rules (Terrain 61).
- "Barrage" and "Artillery Bombard" cards are not allowed to the Axis player. Discard each card and take another in the pile.
- Use Air rues. The two "Air Sortie" cards are in the pile. For the Allied player, discard them and take another in the pile.
- Wikipedia - Battle of Bataan.
- La seconde Guerre mondiale au jour le jour - Ed. France Loisirs.
Please note that this scenario was not approved by Richard Borg or Days of Wonder, so you have to check yourself about playability, potential gaming issues, etc.