The aim of Operation Störfang was the capture of Sevastopol fortified camp. Romanian units had the secondary role to support German troops of General Von Manstein. 1st Romanian Mountain Division was in the center of the attack force in a hard area scattered of wooden hills. As the best unit of the Romanian Army, the division was ordered to attack Nordnase Hill and Zuckerhut Hill to sustain the German main attack. In the night of 07th of June, the Romanian soldiers assaulted the hills strongly defended by Soviet 386th Rifle Division. Nordnase Hill was captured on the 11th of June and after fierce combats and several Russian counter-attacks, Zuckerhut hill was captured on the 17th of June. On the 20th of June, 1st mountain Division took the Denkmal bridge on the Tchernaïa river and reached Inkerman ridge, last Russian defense line of Sevastopol.
The stage is set, the battle lines are drawn, and you are in command. The rest is history.
Axis player [Romania] : 6 command cards, you move first.
Allied player [Soviet Union] : 5 command cards.
Conditions of Victory:
- Use "Red Army" rules (Nation 2).
- Use "Night Attacks" rules (Action 19).
- Tchernaïa river is impassable except by the bridge (Terrain 8).
- Use "Special Weapon Asset" and "Mortar late war" rules (SWAs 1 & 6) to the Russian unit with badge on Zuckerhut Hill.
- Militaria Magazine hors-série n°51 - Prendre Sébastopol.
- Worldwar2.ro - Romanian Armed Forces in the Second World War.
Please note that this scenario was not approved by Richard Borg or Days of Wonder, so you have to check yourself about playability, potential gaming issues, etc.