After the fall of Yugoslavia, Hitler attacked Greece. In spite of a courageous defense by Greek troops and the intervention of a British Expeditionary Corps, the German motorized troops advanced quickly. On the 13th of April, the XVIII.Gebirgs Korps entered in the Olymp mountain with 6.Gebirgs Division in the middle and 2.Panzer Division along Aegean Sea. On the 15th of April, entrenched on the watershed, 21st New Zealand Battalion resisted strongly and stopped the german advance. The 2.Panzer Division forced its way on the 16th of April to reach Pinios' Gorges while 6.Gebirgs Division did the same across the mountain. Once the Olymp mountain was passed, nobody could stopped the German advance to the South of Greece.
The stage is set, the battle lines are drawn, and you are in command. The rest is history.
Axis player [Germany] : 6 command cards, you move first.
Allied player [New Zealand] : 4 command cards.
Conditions of Victory:
7 medals. For the Axis player, use "Exit" token rules to all the Allied edge of the board.
- Use "Blitz" rules (Action 15).
- Use "Combat Engineers" rules (Troop 4) for the two "Pioneer" units.
- Use "BCF Command" rules (Nation 5) to all Allied units.
- For the Allied player, the "Air Power" card is played with only one dice. No change for the Axis player.
- The Allied player lays out the minefields (Terrain 29).
- Magazine Historica hors-série n°16 - L'invasion de la Grèce.
Please note that this scenario was not approved by Richard Borg or Days of Wonder, so you have to check yourself about playability, potential gaming issues, etc.